A while ago I had read a book called “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne” It was a very inspiring book and I recently started flipping through it again. For those of you who have not read it – The book is based on a pseudo-scientific theory called the “law of attraction”. Thinking about money and wealth will attract these very things, causing them to manifest in our life. Likewise, fretting over a worst-case scenario will only cause our fears to be realized. Hence the importance of positive thinking. There are no accidents and bad luck. Instead, Byrne writes, “Your life right now is a reflection of your past thoughts”.
The power of energy was also described in the movie Taare Zameen Par. The professor (Amir khan) talks about the story of the natives in Solomon islands. When these natives need land for cultivation, they do not chop down trees. They just gather around and curse it. The tree becomes weaker and weaker and eventually dies and falls over. This is the effect the energy around us has.
Everything in this world is made of energy. Some of this energy moves in and out of our bodies while transferring information along with it. Energy is of 2 types – positive and negative. Positive energy makes us feel happy, energized, full of life and healthy while the negative energy makes us feel tired ,unhappy, sad, depressed and angry.
Energy transfers very easily, even by touch or the mere presence of someone or something carrying the vibes, both positive as well as negative. Similarly, our own energy states also influence the kind of energies we absorb or impart.
Even after a long wonderful vacation to the best of places, the feeling of returning home is unmatched. So many wonderful things come to our mind when we say the word “home”.
- Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends always belong and laughter never ends
- The best journey takes you home
However, sometimes at home we realize that everyone is falling ill it the same time. Sometimes we feel low and lethargic at home. Some kind of feeling of stagnation. This sometimes could be due to the energy transfer. Like people, even the homes absorb the energy of the surroundings. And for some reasons if there is some negative energy entering the home you would be able to figure out that something is not right.
This is when you can use the following methods, which will help to remove the negative energy of your home and make it your comfort hole.
- Open all windows – Opening all the windows allows fresh air and sunlight to enter the house. Free flowing air as well as sunlight are negative energy removers. Even if you keep your windows closed for most of the day, make sure to air your home at least once a day to get rid of the negative energy.
- Walk barefoot at home –Most Indian homes traditionally follow the practice of removing outside footwear out of the home or near the door. Energy from outside transmits very easily to the feet and footwear so this practice helps keep all the negativity out. Also after removing your footwear, wash your feet and staying barefoot at home is the best. Walking barefoot in the house helps all your negative energy to be absorbed by the earth. Grounding is important to keep the energy balance in our body. Read more about barefoot walking and grounding here
- Mop with rock salt – Rock salt is a negative energy remover.. Mopping the floor with a fistful rock salt in a bucket of water ensures that every nook and corner of the house is rid of negative energy. Many of us would have a memory of our grandmothers or mothers using a fistful or rock salt and moving it around our bodies to ward of the negative energy or nazar.
- Go green – Plants are a natural filter of negative energy. If you have the space, keep potted plants in the home or in the balconies or windows. Even a small plant in a bottle or small pot at a windowsill can make a difference.
- Sweeping the floors – Sweeping the floor also ensures that the negative energies are shaken and moved out with the dirt. A caution here – energy experts recommend not sweeping the home post sunset.
- De-clutter – Clutter is a negativity magnet. Make it a practice to de-clutter the home, remove, and dispose all the old and unwanted things at regular intervals. De-cluttering by giving away some of your favourite things to the needy would also bring in happiness adding to positive energy.
- Light – Light also removes negativity. Keeping your house illuminated and well lit removes negativity. Some religions do follow a practice of lighting a candle or diya at sunset everyday and that too helps keep negativity away.
- Burning bay leaves – Burning of bay leaves like an incense stick also helps warding off negativity from the home. Along with that, the aroma of this helps reduce stress as well as overcomes fatigue.
- Pray or meditation–This is the most effective form of warding off negativity from our homes. At least once a day take a couple of minutes to silently reflect on our energy. Repetition of Prayers, increases the positive vibrations in the house.
- Self – Keeping our thoughts, action and speech positive is very essential. Negative thoughts will bring in negative vibes. So we must avoid all negative thoughts, speech and actions. Stress too brings in negative energy follow these stress relieving techniques in case of constantly feeling stressed out.
While clearing negative energy can be hugely helpful, we are still responsible for our own thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, health, and relationships. Energy in a house can be a factor in our well being, but it should not be blamed for destroying relationships, “making” us be a certain way, getting us sick and more. Well being is about changing OUR energy too.
Banner Image courtesy: https:[email protected]/6519375491/
Reference : www.charmingelements.com