The way we communicate with our kids becomes their inner voice. And how well we communicate establishes our relationship with them. Also, passing on our values, teaching them to learn while listening all depend on how well we are able to manage to communicate with them as per their age.
Bedtime is one of the best time to talk to your children, discuss their day and even encourage them to think. But this must be done subtly and not like a lecture.
So here are a few bedtime questions that you should ask your kids to encourage discussions as well as establish a wonderful bond between the parents and children
- What was the best part of your day?
- What was the not so good thing that happened today?
- Tell me one new thing you saw or learned
- Did you help anyone with anything today?
- Is there something that you would like mommy or daddy to have done differently than what they did today?
- Is there something you wanted to do today but were unable to?
- Did you make any new friends today?
- Did anyone praise or compliment you today or did you compliment anyone?
- Tell me one new word you learned today
- What did you read today?